An old photograph of the Bishop's Palace, Dromore, County Down.
Mark Bence-Jones describes the palace as "a fine, three-storey, late 18th century block, built in 1781 by the Rt Rev and Hon William Beresford, Lord Bishop of Dromore, afterwards Lord Bishop of Ossory; Lord Archbishop of Tuam"; and subsequently elevated to the peerage as 1st Lord Decies.
The palace was enhanced by Beresford's successor, the Rt Rev Thomas Percy, who laid out plantations, gardens and a glen, adorned with obelisks.
Dromore Palace was sold in 1842, when the diocese of Dromore was merged with Down and Connor.
It was in use for some years in the late 1800s as a school.
Has it been swept away?