RYCHARDE NEWTON, town clerk of Carrickfergus, 1595, had allotments of parts of property in the same year, a portion of which remained in the possession of the family.
RICHARD NEWTON, Sheriff of Carrickfergus, 1598, 1600, and 1601, married a daughter of John, and sister of Andrew Willoughby, and was father of
MARMADUKE NEWTON, Sheriff of Carrickfergus, 1624 and 1632, whose son,
RICHARD NEWTON, of Galgorm, County Antrim, wedded Margaret, sister of John and Willoughby Chaplin.
He died in 1700, having had four sons, the eldest, Marmaduke, High Sheriff of Carrickfergus, 1687, and Mayor, 1692-3, dvpsp.
The second son,
ANDREW NEWTON, of Galgorm, Sheriff of Carrickfergus, 1718, espoused his cousin, Margaret, daughter of John Chaplin, by Mary his wife, daughter of Alderman Andrew Willoughby, and had issue, a son,
HENRY NEWTON, of Galgorm, who married Sarah, sister of the Rev Joseph Fraser, of Carrickfergus, and (besides a son, Willoughby Chaplin, who dsp) was father of
ANDREW NEWTON JP (1749-1826), first of Galgorm, and afterwards of Coagh, County Tyrone, who wedded Margaret, daughter of Robert Hamilton, of Monclone, County Armagh, and by her had issue,
Henry;Mr Newton was succeeded by his second son,
ROBERT, of whom we treat;
Andrew, of Coagh;
Beatrice; Frances; Catherine; Eliza.
ROBERT NEWTON (1782-1831), who wedded Alicia, daughter of the Rev J Paul, rector of Ballinderry, County Tyrone, by whom he had issue,
ROBERT, his heir;The only son,
ROBERT NEWTON JP (1831-1900), of Coagh, County Tyrone, went to reside at Dungannon, and purchased Killymeal House from his cousin, Andrew Willoughby Newton.
He married, in 1864, Elizabeth, daughter of Dr W P Geoghegan, and had issue,
ROBERT, his heir;His eldest son,
John Orr, of Fairlough Lodge;
Alicia; Annie Louisa;
Francis Elizabeth; Norah Mary.
ROBERT NEWTON JP (1876-), of Killymeal House, County Tyrone, wedded, in 1902, Edith Florence, daughter of Charles Roark, and had issue,
ROBERT CHARLES, b 1905;
John Lowry Courtenay, b 1909;
Edith Margaret, b 1903;
Norah Alicia, b 1904;
Elizabeth Mary, b 1907.
KILLYMEAL HOUSE, near Dungannon, County Tyrone, is a late 18th century, two-storey, five-bay country house.
It has a high basement and flanking bow-fronted, single-storey wings.
The door is approached by a flight of stone steps, and framed by a sandstone aedicule of Tuscan-style columns and broken pediment.
William Murray, headmaster of the Royal School, Dungannon, was granted a lease of the house in 1791.
Killymeal House served as the GHQ of 8th Battalion, Ulster Defence Regiment, from the early 1970s.
The House was the residence of the commanding officer and his family; and the stables served as the operations room.
It is thought that the Ministry of Defence sold Killymeal ca 2005.