MATTHEW, of Croglin;The elder son,
Janet; Katherine; Malic.
MATTHEW WILSON, of Croglin, died about 1612, leaving two sons,
JOHN, his heir;The elder son,
Thomas, merchant burgess of Edinburgh.
JOHN WILSON JP, of Croglin, Dumfriesshire, wedded firstly, in 1610, Margaret, daughter of Robert, 1st Lord Dalzell, and died before 1641, having had issue by her,
JOHN, his heir;He espoused secondly, Helen Maxwell, and by her had issue,
JAMES, of whom presently;The eldest son,
JOHN WILSON, of Croglin, Commissioner of War for Dumfriesshire, 1643-9, married firstly, _____ Halliday; and secondly, the daughter of _____ Gordon, and had a son,
WILLIAM WILSON, of Croglin.
His direct lineal descendant,
WALTER WILSON, of Croglin, which was sold owing to losses sustained through the failure of the Bank of Ayr, wedded, in 1795, his cousin Jane, daughter of Robert Stewart, of Drumbeg, and through her became possessed of Maryville, Belfast.
Robert Gordon, died young;The only surviving son,
ALEXANDER GEORGE, his heir;
Walter, died young;
ALEXANDER GEORGE WILSON (1797-1856), of Maryville, County Antrim, married, in 1837, Emily Lawrence, daughter of the Rev Charles Boyd, Rector of Magheradroll, by Emilia Juliana Theresa, his wife, daughter of Colonel Thomas Dawson Lawrence, of Lawrencetown, County Down, and had issue,
WALTER HENRY, his heir;The elder son,
Alexander Basil (1846-1913), of Maryville, Malone, Belfast;
WALTER HENRY WILSON JP (1839-1904), of Maryville, and Cranmore, married, in 1875, Sarah Elizabeth, eldest daughter and co-heir of James Owen Wynne, of Hazelwood, and had issue,
ALEXANDER GEORGE, his heir;The son and heir,
Marion Emily; Lilian Lawrence; Florence Stewart;
Dorothy Gladys; Mary Wynnefred Kathleen.
ALEXANDER GEORGE WILSON JP (1876-1959), of Maryville and Cranmore, Belfast, lieutenant, Army Motor Reserve, educated at Harrow, succeeded in 1904.
|Cranmore House in 1888|
The Wilsons' lease on Belvoir Park was terminated in 1918.
MARYVILLE HOUSE, 2 Maryville Park, off Lisburn Road, Belfast, now operates as a tea-room and boutique guest-house.