Wednesday 1 July 2015

McCutcheon's Field


I was out with the National Trust Strangford Lough Group of volunteers today.

We met at a property called McCutcheon's Field.

This comprises several acres of coastline near Groomsport, at Brigg's Rocks and close to Sandeel Bay, in County Down.

There's a holiday park here called Windsor Caravan Park.


We declared War on a considerable number of thistles today.


Earlier I bought a freshly-made egg salad sandwich from the Sandwich Den, a new shop close to Belmont GHQ; and most wholesome and delicious it was, too.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

And what a lot of weeds we picked. When are we going to have the pleasure of your company again?
Rosie
NT volunteer

Timothy Belmont said...

Ha ha! Great to hear from you, Rosie. I missed yesterday because I was at Agnew's Boucher Crescent; and last Wednesday I had a dental appointment in the morning.

I expect to be with you on the glorious 12th next Wednesday (!).