JOHN, his heir;
ROBERT, his heir;
Jane, m David Johnston.
ROBERT GORDON (1722-93), of Florida Manor, married, in 1755, Alice, widow of Thomas Whyte, and only daughter of James Arbuckle and his wife Anne, daughter of John Crawford, and niece and heir-at-law of David Crawford, of Florida Manor, and had issue,
JOHN CRAWFORD, his heir;
David, of Delamont, successor to his brother;
Alexander, of Castle Place, Belfast; father of ROBERT FRANCIS GORDON;
JOHN CRAWFORD GORDON JP (1757-97), of Florida Manor, captain, 50th Regiment, who died unmarried, and was succeeded by his brother, DAVID, of Delamont. This
DAVID GORDON JP DL (1759-1837), of Florida Manor and Delamont, High Sheriff of County Down, 1812, married, in 1789, Mary, youngest daughter of James Crawford, of Crawfordsburn, and sister of Anne, 1st Countess of Caledon, by whom he had issue,
ROBERT, his heir to Florida Manor;
JAMES CRAWFORD, succeeded to Delamont;
ROBERT GORDON JP DL, (1791-1864), of Florida Manor, High Sheriff, 1833, and for Tyrone, 1843, who wedded, in 1825, Mary, daughter of William Crawford, of Lakelands, County Cork.
CRAIGDARRAGH HOUSE, Helen's Bay, County Down, was built ca 1850 for Robert Francis Gordon, to a design by Charles Lanyon.
The house was built for R Francis Gordon ca 1850.
The family monogram can still be seen in the dining-room plasterwork.
It is reported that Gordon ran out of funds during construction & never occupied the house & it was tenanted for many years.
It was Gordon's residence in 1852 & John Downie in 1855 & leased by George Hamilton in 1863 from Gordon.
He was succeeded by Joseph Jaffe in 1864 and then John Patterson in 1874.
Lord Dufferin reoccupied the house until 1879 when the house and demesne were advertised “to be let unfurnished” at £325 per annum with applications directed to the Dufferin Estate Office, Clandeboye.
Thomas Workman bought the freehold of Craigdarragh from the Durrerin estate in 1883.
The late Sir Charles Brett noted that it was built in Lanyon’s most ornate style, though some of the window ornamentation may owe its origin to Thomas Turner, who was Lanyon’s senior assistant until he set up on his own in 1852.
According to valuation records, Craigdarragh House had a number of owners or occupants, including, apparently, for two very short periods, Lord Dufferin.
The two storey house stands at the top of a grassy slope running down to a sandy bay, with the drawing-room and the dining-room (which remains intact) having a fine prospect of Belfast Lough.
The square, front hall has six elaborate doorcases and a series of niches.
There was an associated courtyard and stable block.
The parkland surrounding the house, of about 26 acres, includes an attractive wooded glen, stretches across to Seahill and down to the shore.
The glen contains many different species of trees, some of which are over 100 years old, and is clearly now enjoyed by many badgers and other wildlife.
Thomas Workman bought the freehold of Craigdarragh House from the Dufferin Estate in 1883.
Margaret Garner recorded that on one occasion Mr Workman, her grandfather, fell out with Lord Dufferin, whose agent claimed that one of his men had encroached on Dufferin land when he was ploughing. The correspondence ended with Dufferin writing from Rome where he was then the British Ambassador. He did, however, write later to Thomas’s widow offering her any help when Thomas died.Sir Charles Brett, in his book The Buildings of North County Down, recalled from his youth, living on the Craigdarragh Road, that Major Robert Workman, Thomas's son, was "a kindly old boy, good to his neighbours".
Following Major Workman's death in 1949, and following that of his sister, the house was sold to the Sisters of Mercy, and converted into a nursing home.
In 2003, Craigdarragh House was again sold.
The house & grounds were for sale in Febuary, 2012, for £2,000,000.
It is hoped that the new owner will restore it to its former glory.
Its future remained in doubt while the planning process was underway; the proposed development is located within Green Belt.