CORMAC O'HARA, of Collooney, County Sligo, married Una, daughter of _____ Gallagher, of County Galway, and dying in 1612, left issue,
TEIGE, of whom hereafter;The elder son,
Cormac, of Mollane;
TEIGE O'HARA, of Leiny, County Sligo, High Sheriff, 1608, wedded Sheela, daughter of _____ O'Rourke.
He died in 1616, having had issue, two sons, of whom the elder, Teige, of Collooney, born in 1612, died unmarried in 1634.
The younger son,
KEAN O'HARA, of Collooney and Annaghmore, County Sligo, High Sheriff, 1665, succeeding his brother Teige in the family possessions, espoused firstly, Anne, daughter of Sir Adam Loftus, Knight, and widow of Richard, son and heir of Sir Lawrence Parsons, Knight, of Birr, and by her had issue,
ADAM, of Annaghmore;Mr O'Hara wedded secondly Rose, widow of William Crofton, daughter and heir of John Newman, of Dublin, and by her had a son,
CHARLES, died a bachelor.
KEAN O'HARA, High Sheriff, 1703, who succeeded to the family estates on the death of his two elder brothers without male issue.
He married Eleanor, daughter of Theobald Mathew, and sister of George Mathew, of Thomastown, County Tipperary.
Mr Kean O'Hara made a settlement to himself, for life, with remainder to his son and sons in tail male of the said estates.
By his said wife he had issue,
CHARLES, of whom presently;The eldest son,
Kean, of Kinsally, Co Dublin;
CHARLES O'HARA MP (1715-76), of Annaghmore, High Sheriff, 1740, wedded, ca 1740, Lady Mary Carmichael, eldest daughter of James, 2nd Earl of Hyndford, and sister of the Most Rev Dr William Carmichael, Lord Archbishop of Dublin.
By his wife he had issue two sons, the younger of whom, William, was a captain in the Royal Navy and died unmarried.
CHARLES O'HARA (1746-1822), of Nymphsfield and Annaghmore, MP for County Sligo and one of the governors of the county, wedded Margaret, daughter and heir of Dr John Cookson, of Yorkshire, and had issue,
CHARLES KING O'HARA;His only son,
JANE FRANCES, of whom presently;
CHARLES KING O'HARA, of Annaghmore, born in 1785, who, by his will, devised his estates to his nephew, Charles Cooper, on condition that he should take the surname and quarter the arms of O'HARA.
Mr Charles O'Hara's second daughter,
JANE FRANCES O'HARA, espoused, in 1810, Arthur Brooke Cooper, of Cooper's Hill, County Sligo, son of Arthur Cooper, of Cooper's Hill, by Sarah his wife, daughter of Guy Carleton, of Rossfad, County Fermanagh, and grandson, by Jane Cunningham his wife, of William Cooper, of Cooper's Hill, who was descendant of the same family as Cooper of Markree.
She died in 1874, aged 94, leaving issue, two sons and four daughters,
Arthur Brooke, dvp;Mr Cooper died in 1854. His second son,
CHARLES WILLIAM, of whom presently;
Margaret Sarah; Mary Jane Caroline; Jane Henrietta; Charlotte Anne.
CHARLES WILLIAM O'HARA JP DL MP (1817-98), of Annaghmore and Cooper's Hill, High Sheriff, 1849, married, in 1858, Annie Charlotte, eldest daughter of Richard Shuttleworth Streatfeild, of The Rocks, Uckfield, Sussex.
He had issue by his wife,
CHARLES KEAN, of whom we treat;Mr O'Hara, whose patronymic was COOPER, assumed by royal licence, in 1860, the surname of O'HARA, in compliance with the testamentary injunction of his uncle, Charles King O'Hara, of Annaghmore.
Arthur Cooper, of Cooper's Hill;
Charlotte Jane; Mary; Annie Frances; Emily Margaret;
Jane Marian; Kathleen.
He was succeeded by his eldest son,
CHARLES KEAN O'HARA (1860-1947), of Annaghmore; High Sheriff, 1886; major, 3rd York and Lancaster Regiment.
Major O'Hara was the last Lord-Lieutenant of County Sligo, from 1902 until 1922.
Annaghmore House, Collooney, County Sligo, has been the principal seat of the O'Haras since medieval times.
An earlier house on the site had been demolished by 1684.
Its successor was replaced by the present house of ca 1820, known in the 18th and early 19th centuries as Nymphsfield.
Annaghmore comprises a two-storey, three-bay centre, and an Ionic portico with single-storey, two-bay wings.
It was considerably enlarged about 1860-70 by Charles William O'Hara in the same late-Georgian style.
The wings were raised by a storey and extended to the rear, thus giving the mansion a side elevation as high as the front, and as long or longer.
Annaghmore remains the home of the O'Hara family today.
The former schoolhouse has been restored by the Irish Georgian Society and is available for rental.