WILLIAM JAMESON, of Alloa, Clackmannanshire, married, in 1737, Helen Horne, of Thomanean, Kinross-shire, and had, with other issue, a son,
JOHN JAMESON (1740-1824), Sheriff Clerk of Clackmannanshire, who wedded, in 1768, Margaret, elder sister of James Haig, of Blairhill, Perthshire, and Lochrin, Midlothian, and by her left issue,
Robert (1771-1847), died unmarried;JAMES JAMESON (1781-1847), succeeded to the fortune of his immediate elder brother, William, of Merrion Square, Dublin, and purchased the estate of Windfield, County Galway, and the demesne of Montrose, County Dublin.
John, of Prussia St, Dublin;
William, b 1777; dsp;
JAMES, of whom presently;
Andrew, b 1783;
Margaret; Anne; Jennett.
He married, in 1815, Elizabeth Sophia, youngest daughter of the Rev William Woolsey, of Priorland, County Louth, by his wife Mary Anne, youngest sister of Sir William Bellingham Bt, of Castle Bellingham, County Louth, and had issue,
JOHN, his heir;
William, of Montrose;
James, of Airfield;
Mary Anne; Elizabeth Sophia.
THE REV JOHN JAMESON (1816-72), of Windfield, who espoused, in 1845, Isabella Anne, eldest daughter of General Sir Henry David Jones GCB, and had issue,
JAMES FRANCIS, his heir;The eldest son,
Harry William, Lt-Col RIR;
Charlotte Elizabeth; Edith Sophia Inkerman.
JAMES FRANCIS JAMESON JP (1848-96), of Windfield, Major, 4th Battalion, Connaught Rangers, wedded, in 1879, Helen Maud, eldest daughter of William Jameson, of Montrose, County Dublin, and had issue,
MAURICE EYRE FRANCIS BELLINGHAM JAMESON (1888-1950), of Windfield, who espoused, in 1915, Amelia May Moss, and had issue,
JOHN MAURICE RICHARD, born 1917;
Patricia Joan, born 1915.
THE PORTMARNOCK HOTEL, Portmarnock, County Dublin, stands on land which was originally part of the Jameson family estate.
The house itself was called St Marnock's.
EDWARD VII often visited the Jamesons.
On his last official visit in 1907, His Majesty unveiled a plaque which was designed specially for the occasion of the marriage between members of two great distilling families, Jameson and Haig. The plaque is still to be seen in what was the secret south garden.The Jameson family had a nine-hole golf course on the site over a century ago.
This course is now part of both Portmarnock Golf Club and the Bernhard Langer-designed Dublin Golf Links course.
SUTTON HOUSE, Sutton, County Dublin, was also a Jameson residence.
It is Victorian-Tudor in style, with mullions, gables and huge chimneys.
One end of the mansion has a tower of four storeys.
Sutton House subsequently became a hotel.
WINDFIELD HOUSE, County Galway, was purchased by James Jameson in the 1820s. The family owned Windfield for over a century.