Thursday 29 October 2015

Strong Alioli


I'm spending some time in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands, specifically the resort of Corralejo, which I know well.

Yesterday I acclimatised myself in the old town and revisited many familiar haunts.

The town's infrastructure is still being improved: a number of key streets have been pedestrianised to a high standard.

After lunch I had a refresher at Soul Bar-Café in Music Square, which has about one hundred varieties of gin.

Alas, our Shortcross gin does not, as yet, feature on the list; though I commended it to them.

I enjoyed a very simple dinner of chicken escalope with a few chips and salad at Avenida restaurant.

I'm convinced that they have possibly the best alioli in the town: it's strength does it credit; not for the faint-hearted!


At the conclusion of my evening I sat at the bijou Bar Bouganville, where I sipped a White Russian cocktail.

No comments :