Friday 15 February 2019

Valete: This Week


For those of you who happen to be of a certain vintage, Sir Robin Day was the BBC's Questiontime, the original and best chairman.

My enthusiasm for the show dissipated thereafter.

I hear that the BBC is "pulling the plug" on its current affairs programme, This Week, at the end of its present series.

The broadcaster and journalist, Andrew Neil, has been presenting This Week since its inception in 2003.

I never tire of enjoying his customary Dixon-Of-Dock-Green Evenin' All when it starts.

My conversion to This Week has been quite recent, though I have seldom missed a show in over a year.

Given its very late slot at eleven forty-five, I tend to watch on my iPad in bed.

Messrs Johnson & Portillo

This Week has been blessed with a Dream Team of Andrew Neil, two former cabinet ministers, viz. Michael "Choo-choo" Portillo and Alan Johnson, and guests.

Even Mr Neil's golden retriever, Miss Molly, has featured occasionally.

All good things must come to an end, eventually, I suppose.

No comments :