I am, of course, alluding to Sir Hans Sloane Bt.
- Born at Killyleagh, County Down, in 1660
- Lived in a thatched house close to Killyleagh Castle
- Credited for introducing drinking chocolate to the British Isles
- Founded the British Museum
- Pre-eminent royal physician
- President of the Royal Society
- Sloane Square, Hans Crescent and other places named after him.
The Hans Sloane website contains a wealth of fascinating information about Sir Hans and his numerous accomplishments.
First published in September, 2011.