Friday 15 November 2013

Bubba!

I nipped into town for a few hours this morning. Having spent an hour in the Linenhall Library, I ambled hither and thither.

I passed a restaurant at 12 Callender Street, called Bubbacue. The length of the queue outside - about fifteen yards - was impressive.

Inside, eager diners were tucking in to succulent meat with all the trimmings.

I felt I ought to give it a try some time.
Callender Street dates from about 1791. Numbers 8-14 are now the location of Bubbacue restaurant on the ground floor. In 1888 it was the site of Murray, Sons & Company's tobacco factory, when there must surely have been a heady aroma of that addictive leaf for passers-by. When Murray's relocated, it was occupied for a period by Hanna and Browne's furniture showroom. This premises, like others on the street, has been linked by common ownership to adjacent buildings in Arthur Street.
The "sit-mat" which I ordered on Ebay arrived today. It's an olive colour, folds up with velcro and shall be most useful for my volunteer days with the National Trust.

No comments :