Wednesday 1 October 2014

Greyabbey Angus


I was out with the National Trust today, at a small wood beside the village of Greyabbey, County Down.

Skillins Point in the distance

This little wood is approached from Islandview Road, not far from the village hall.

Today we were low on the ground, numerically speaking: there were six of us.


Our tasks were to remove an old barbed-wire fence, and to erect several bird-boxes in the wood.

I lopped a number of rotting trees, too.


We lunched beside the soccer pitch; and self munched contentedly on the cheese & onion sandwiches.



LATER, I drove into the village, where I bought a superb piece of thick fillet steak and some minced-beef at the charming Angus Farm Shop.

The villagers are fortunate indeed to have such a fine establishment.

*****

Best wishes to a pal, colleague and member of NT staff who is leaving the Trust in a career change.

I wish you both all that you wish for yourselves, Alan.

You'll be sorely missed by your volunteer pals, though I'm sure I speak for everybody when I wish you every happiness and fulfilment in your new career.

No comments :