Monday 20 June 2011

Pigeon Pie?

I have a slight problem with feral pigeons. Anyone care to send over a hawk?  Seriously, though, a flock numbering about eight come regularly to peck away underneath my feeders. They are hard to eradicate.

I have the feeders suspended from a large, prickly berberis bush and, today, I have taken to cutting several branches and placing them at strategic points along the ground.

I am hopeful that this action shall produce the desired effect! We will see.

I've spotted bullfinches more often lately.

3 comments :

Krystal said...

Have you tried placing a life size plastic owl in the yard? My Husband and I have an issue with them as of well.

Timothy Belmont said...

That's sounds interesting! Would you buy those from pet food stores?

Mad Mandy Moans said...

Tim it's like an Alfred Hitchcock movie here. We had a flock of Starlings trying to beat their way into the house. One came down the extractor fan and you down the chimney. We found two dead Thrushes and two dead Magpies in the garden. I have never experienced behaviour like it and wrote about it in my usual Mad Mandy Moans for the Ballymoney Times. It's weird to say the least. Get a big hose and soak the little buggers ... it's good fun too. MMx