Tuesday 14 June 2011

Tesco D-Lock

Thank you, Belfast City Airport, for providing me with adequate motivation to purchase a new cycle lock!

Since Timothy Belmont's original combination lock for the Proprietary Two-Wheeler was unceremoniously broken by staff at Belfast City Airport last week, I have treated the old girl to a brand new one.

The original lock didn't owe me anything at any rate.

I was in Tesco's large store at Knocknagoney this morning and bagged what they term their "Active Equipment" D-Lock for the princely sum of £6.

It seems fairly robust for the price, weighing in at 2½lbs. It has a 12mm hardened steel shackle; an easy-fit mounting bracket; and two keys.

No prizes for guessing where it was made!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Why did the City Airport cut your lock? VC

Timothy Belmont said...

I'd parked it at the entrance, the exact spot where I'd parked it 5 months ago and staff told me that it was OK.

They cut the lock in order to remove my bike, without bothering to waste time on the combination!

I've learned my lesson and now know where the cycle park is!