Tuesday, 26 July 2011

St George's

COAT-0F-ARMS OF RT HON SIR HENRY POTTINGER Bt GCB

St George's Church, High Street, Belfast, is directly opposite the Merchant Hotel. Prior to checking out of the hotel this morning, I paid this fine Georgian church a visit.

CLICK TO READ

Interestingly, there is a memorial plaque on the wall to Lieutenant-General the Right Honourable Sir Henry Pottinger Bt GCB, the first Governor of Hong Kong from 1843-44.

I have written about the Pottinger Baronets already.

2 comments :

madpierre said...

What ho Belmont!
How's the old head this morning old chap sounded like you were having a few G&T'S last night !

Timothy Belmont said...

Pierre, dear boy, the noble nut was sore when I stirred at 3.30 this morning; had a drink of their bottled water; went back to slumber; and awoke minus a sore head. Not that many Beefeaters! Or Tanquerays, for that matter; I mixed my drink. ;-)