Sunday 29 September 2013

Mount Stewart Outing

I have spent a rather agreeable afternoon at Mount Stewart House and Gardens, County Down.

It was fine, sunny and mild.





There were several events today, including a classic car rally and a free jazz concert at the croquet lawn.



I took a tour of the House, noticing a hard-back copy of the Hon Alan Clark's Diaries on an occasional table in the drawing-room (much to my delight).

I ambled in to the shop. Alas, despite a fair selection of Christmas cards, there are still no traditional National Trust ones.

Some silly chump has taken it upon themselves to stop the production of NT cards with pictures of their wonderful properties and country houses, it would appear.

Fancy a compact Thermos food flask? This is the place; and it can be yours for £25.


I paid homage to the late Lady Mairi's grave at the Londonderry burial ground above the Lake.

No comments :