Saturday 27 October 2012

Coffee Morning

I motored the six or seven miles to Holywood, County Down, this morning for coffee and a chin-wag with my aunt and Pat.

I managed to get a private parking space close to the café, the Coffee Yard.

It was rather busy this morning. The topics of discussion included a luncheon my aunt gave for friends yesterday; Pat's imminent trip to Bristol; my week and a tiresome character at the National Trust volunteers, who persistently airs his left-wing, nationalist views on the aristocracy ~ viz. the Londonderrys ~ and everything contrary to the Conservative interest.

Of course it antagonises me, though I generally say nothing. He is likely trying to provoke me.

I am of the opinion that it is totally inappropriate to air one's political views in such a context.

The intention is to bring a radio with headphones; thus becoming blissfully oblivious to him whenever he is within ear-shot.

Of course my perspective can be reactionary, a cross I gladly bear.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

I would have him horse whipped for his impudence. VC

Timothy Belmont said...

Alas, I'd left it behind in the two-seater. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I"m kind of a lefty, but I love your blog! read it every day…:)

Timothy Belmont said...

Anon, no offence intended and delighted you enjoy it!

I merely refer to one individual.