Mr McCrum left issue,
ROBERT GARMANY, of whom presently;The only son,
Martha, died in infancy.
ROBERT GARMANY McCRUM JP DL (1827-1915), of Milford House, County Armagh, High Sheriff of County Armagh, 1909, wedded, in 1864, Anne Eliza Riddall, of Armagh, and by her had issue,
WILLIAM, born in 1865;Mr McCrum was succeeded by his only son,
HARRIETTE, born in 1867.
WILLIAM McCRUM (1865-1932), of Milford House, High Sheriff of County Armagh, 1888, who espoused, in 1891, Maude Mary, daughter of Dr W W Squires, of Montreal, Canada, and by her had an only son,
CAPTAIN CECIL ROBERT McCRUM OBE* RN (1892-1976), of The Mall, Armagh, who wedded Ivy Hilda Constance (1891–1990), daughter of William Nicholson, and had issue,
Patrick, 1917-22;Captain McCrum's third son,
Antony, b 1919;
MICHAEL WILLIAM, of whom presently;
MICHAEL WILLIAM McCRUM CBE (1924-2005), a distinguished academic and historian, married, in 1952, Christine Mary Kathleen, daughter of Sir Arthur Brownlow Frederick fforde, GBE, and had four children, of whom
(John) Robert McCrum, born in 1953, is a well-known editor and writer.
Robert Garmany McCrum's only daughter,
HARRIETTE (1867-1951), of The Mall, Armagh, married the Rev David Miller in 1898, and had issue, four sons,
Robert Craig;*Central Chancery of the Orders of Knighthood, St James's Palace, SWl. 1st January, 1943: The KING has been graciously pleased to give orders for the following to be Additional Officers of the Military Division of the said Most Excellent Order : Captain Cecil Robert McCrum, RN (Ret.).
MILFORD HOUSE, near Armagh City, County Armagh, is a two-storey, Italianate country house, built for Robert Garmany McCrum between 1865-1904.
It has a three-sided bow; pedimented three-bay projection; and camber-headed windows.
There is an elaborate range of glasshouses running at right-angles from the middle of the front.
During the Victorian era, the grounds extended to 46 acres.
The manor house passed into the ownership of William McCrum in 1915.
In 2000, the Friends of Manor House was established by Stephen McManus, in collaboration with Armagh Council to secure the future of the property.
The property was sold to the current owners in 2002.
The Milford Buildings Preservation Trust continues to work tirelessly to protect Milford House, its parkland and gardens.
First published in May, 2014.