FITZ-AMELINE MAXWELL ANCKETILL JP (1825-1905), of Killyfaddy, County Tyrone, was the fourth son of William Ancketill JP DL, of Anketell Grove, County Monaghan, by Sarah his wife, second daughter of Lieutenant-Colonel John C F Waring-Maxwell, of Finnebrogue, County Down, High Sheriff, 1881.
He married, in 1859, Laura Valetta, second daughter and co-heiress of Henry Ranking, of Eaglehurst, Bathford, Somerset, and had issue,
REGINALD (1861-1937), died unmarried;Mr Fitz-Ameline Maxwell Ancketill succeeded to the estate of his maternal uncle, Robert Waring-Maxwell JP, on the death of Mrs Waring-Maxwell in 1877.
Charlemont Fitz-Ameline (1872-1947), died unmarried;
Maud Mary (1870-82).
KILLYFADDY MANOR, near Clogher, County Tyrone, was purchased in the late 18th century by Major-General Edward Maxwell, of Finnebrogue, County Down.
The family of Cairnes were titular Lords of the Manors of Killyfaddy and Cecil in County Tyrone.
The present manor house is was built ca 1827 in Classical-Georgian style for Robert Waring-Maxwell to designs of William Farrell.
It comprises two storeys over a basement, with a portico of four Ionic columns.
The entrance porch has a tripartite window above it; other fenestration has straight, top sashes.
There are string and band coursed, demarcating floors; and a double hipped, slate roof.
The Northern Ireland Register of Parks, Gardens and Demesnes of Special Historic Interest states that,
There are outbuildings set in parkland with mature trees. A document of 1833-35 declared that "It is surrounded by recent plantations, which the proprietor is constantly enlarging."
The setting is very attractive, with the house set high above a man-made lake and backed by wooded hills.
The modern garden at the house is well maintained. The walled garden is not kept and is used for stock. One disused gate lodge of three survives, the West Lodge ca 1830.Killyfaddy Manor is now privately owned.