Wednesday 27 April 2016

Which Bird?


I brought the iPad with me to the beach for the very first time today.

Although I'm not madly obsessed with wildlife, it does interest me.

La Concha beach lies to the north of El Cotillo.

At this beautiful little beach there is a well-known beach bar called Torino's.

Many years ago, Torino's father-in-law, Bill, often took the food and drink orders and acted generally as Mine Host.

I liked Bill. He had a sort of Cockney charm and affability with customers, especially British ones.

Alas, Bill has now retired and Torino cooks the grub in a tiny galley kitchen behind the beach bar.

I digress.

The principal purpose of bringing the iPad today was to photograph a certain kind of bird on the beach  (no, not the 36-24-36 type).


Readers, your task is to identify definitively this breed of bird.


Is it a sand plover? Or a sanderling?

Prey enlighten me.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Common sand piper (Latin viz Silicus Erectus plebium)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a turnstone!