Saturday 18 February 2012

A Flash in the Pan


Bushmills has a good reception with BT Openzone, which I'm using presently.

I had intended dining at Tartine, the Distiller's Arms, in Bushmills, County Antrim, last night. I may dine there this evening.

Instead I jumped in to the two-seater, motored into the village, and ordered a cod and chips - the great British marriage made in heaven - from a renowned establishment called Flash In the Pan, on the main street of Bushmills.

Suffice it to say that, to my mind, this was the best cod and chips Timothy Belmont has sampled for a very long time - and that is saying something.

You must wait while they prepare the ingredients freshly to order. I waited for seven or eight minutes last night.

The takeaway I ate last night was superior to any I've had in Belfast, without singling out any particular establishment.

It cost £5.80, I think. How does that price compare?

1 comment :

Irishlad said...

very slightly the high-end of average