Wednesday 29 February 2012

Titanic Quarter Halt


Ever intrepid, Timothy Belmont cycled into town this morning and, parking at Victoria Square, I ventured into the shopping centre, where I had coffee in Caffe Nero.

Afterwards, I ambled in to the Apple store to chat with staff about the iPad (seemingly the iPad 3 is being introduced imminently).

I'm having some pals over this weekend, so I ventured in to Marks and Spencer's food hall for "nibbles", viz, battered scallops, cocktail sausages, sausage rolls, onion rings, profiteroles and a rather tasty-looking French tart. Ha! 

I threw a few bottles of Chateau Gillet Bordeaux into the basket, too.

I cycled home via Sydenham Road, Titanic Quarter. The Bridge End railway halt (top) is being renovated and re-branded Titanic Quarter Halt in April. There is a ramp for easy access by bike or wheel-chair.

4 comments :

Gavin Bamford said...

Time to start promoting the Titanic brand and the Titanic Quarter amongst your followers far and near, Timothy?

Timothy Belmont said...

Indeed, Gavin! Think Titanic. New motto!

Timothy Belmont said...

I've been meaning to visit Brownlow House since I wrote about it. Perhaps in the summer...

Rex Hunter said...

I wonder in 100 years time will there be lots of jollities surrounding, and commercial exploitation of , the 'Costa Concordia' disaster ? I don't see much difference in the two accidents. Some appropriate events planned, but plenty of tastelessness too.