Wednesday 8 February 2012

Tree-Planting

Timothy Belmont was out at the field all day today, planting dozens of saplings with other National Trust staff and volunteers at Orlock, between Groomsport and Donaghadee in County Down.

We began with ten, though numbers diminished to half that as the afternoon progressed.


We are making good progress: About three thousand trees have already been planted, leaving a balance of four thousand still to plant.

The eight-acre field is beside Portavo Reservoir.

Heather had brought along some jam doughnuts, so we all devoured them at lunch-time.

That is me, by the way, in the picture planting a tree.

1 comment :

Conor Lynch said...

This is such a great idea. I would love to partake in an event like this,although i haven't heard of any taking place in the Republic. I am from Dublin. I have planted about 5 oak trees in large pots in my back garden which are now about 10 inches tall.