MARCUS PATTON OBE, in his excellent historical gazetteer of central Belfast, describes numbers 9-15 Bedford Street thus:
In 1852 a new stone warehouse had been built on this site for Messrs Robert and John Workman, linen and muslin manufacturers, by Charles Lanyon. One of the first developments in the street, this was four storeys high with channelled ground and first floors, central first floor balcony, arched tops to third-floor windows, outer bays set slightly forward, and chimneys rising above deep eaves.
The Workmans' warehouse was demolished in the early 1970s and construction began on Windsor House.
Windsor House remains the tallest commercial office building in Northern Ireland, measuring approximately 262 feet in height.
The Bedford Street frontage is relatively narrow, though the building extends backwards along Franklin Street for a considerable distance.
It comprises approximately 122,500 square feet, set over ground and twenty-two upper floors.
Most of the floors extend to about 5,300 square feet.
The building incorporates a double-deck car park at ground and first-floor levels, with 96 car-parking spaces accessed via James Street South.
The external walls are of a mosaic-covered, prefabricated concrete cladding with a steel and reinforced concrete structure.
A concrete mineral felt-finished flat rood covers the building, capped with a communications mast.
It is served by five high-speed lifts from the foyer.
Windsor House was purchased in 2015 by the Hastings Hotels group.