Monday 21 April 2008

Shame On You, BBC

I hold strong values and views about certain matters, and one of them is our Royal Family. Since what is probably the most respected broadcasting organisation in the world, the BBC, has not so much as acknowledged our Sovereign's birthday today, I'm doing it myself.

I have immense respect for the BBC. As a broadcaster it upholds and fosters the Right, to peoples throughout the world, of free speech; it casts light on abuses of power and injustices, wherever it can, by casting its spotlight on them. The BBC is the first broadcaster I tune in to, if I'm abroad.

And, yet, the BBC has ceased to acknowledge The Queen's birthday by even so much as a mention. Here's their front page now, and there's no word at all.

I can only conclude that they believe, in their politically correct wisdom, that an insufficient number of people are interested; and that the BBC accurately reflects the license-payers views. Really?

4 comments :

Alan in Belfast (Alan Meban) said...

mapgirl did catch a mention on Radio 2 ...

Timothy Belmont said...

So someone on the beeb messageboard reminded me!
Apparently on that bastion, Radio Four, at seven as well! :-)

Tim

Alan in Belfast (Alan Meban) said...

You have to get up early to catch the royalists!

Timothy Belmont said...

Shan't get a lie-in again :-)