EPHRAIM BOND, from Yorkshire, settled in the city of Londonderry about 1650, and acquired a considerable property by commercial pursuits there.
He married Miss Dewin, and had two sons,
WILLIAM, his heir;The elder son,
John, of Ballyklagher, Co. Londonderry.
WILLIAM BOND, of Glenlough, County Londonderry, was father of,
JAMES BOND, of Glenlough, who married Miss Burns, and had five sons, viz,
William;The second son,
THE REV JAMES BOND (-1762), a Presbyterian minister, of Corboy, County Longford, espoused Catherine, daughter of the Rev Thomas Wensley, of Lifford, County Donegal, and had, with four daughters, as many sons, viz.
Wensley (Very Rev), Dean of Ross;The third son,
James (Sir), 1st Baronet, of Coolamber;
WILLIAM, of whom presently;
WILLIAM BOND (-1811), of Edgeworthstown, County Longford, High Sheriff, 1794, married Elizabeth, daughter of Alexander Perry, and had issue,
James Wensley, 1822-43;The youngest son,
WILLOUGHBY, of whom we treat.
WILLOUGHBY BOND JP DL (1790-1875), of Farragh, County Longford, High Sheriff, 1832, wedded, in 1829, Alicia Sidney, daughter of William Gosselin, of Abbey Derg, County Longford, and had issue,
William Wensley, 1834-54;The only surviving son,
JAMES WILLOUGHBY, his heir;
JAMES WILLOUGHBY BOND JP DL (1837-1918), of Farragh, High Sheriff, 1870, espoused, in 1864, Emma Georgiana Charlotte, daughter of William Hunter Little, DL, of Llanvair Grange, Monmouthshire, and had issue,
WILLOUGHBY JAMES;The eldest son,
Wensley Hunter, b 1876;
Georgiana Sidney; Henrietta Letitia;
Alicia Mabel; Ethel Emma Louisa.
WILLOUGHBY JAMES BOND JP DL (1867-1942), of Farragh, High Sheriff, 1905, married, in 1892, Mary Rosa Kerr, daughter of Captain William Bond, of Newtown Bond, County Longford, and had issue,
Brian Willoughby, 1894-1963;
Francis Willoughby, 1901-53;
Mary Hunter; Kathleen Sidney.
FARRAGH, or Farraghroe House, was originally a shooting-box, though considerably enlarged by Willoughby Bond between 1811-33, the architect being Hargrave of Cork.
Additions were also made during the Victorian era.
The entrance front comprises three storeys and five bays; Wyatt windows in the centre above a pillared porch.
The side elevation was of two storeys and three bays framed by huge, plain pilasters.
There was a large, two-storey central hall with a gallery; stained-glass incorporated the Bond family motto, Deus Providebit.
Farragh was sold ca 1960 by Mr Brian Willoughby Bond (1894-1963) and subsequently demolished.
First published in March, 2012.