Saturday 27 November 2010

Freezing Conditions

The expectation was that I'd be picking up the new jalopy next Wednesday though I see that, according to the Payments section of my current account, all payments take a minimum of four working days to reach a nominated account. Ergo, I'll simply need to exercise forbearance. The weather is treacherous, at any rate.

Needless to say, it is bitterly cold in Belfast this morning, as is the case throughout the British Isles. Winter seems to have arrived quite swiftly.

I put out bread crumbs for the birds as soon as I came downstairs this morning, the starlings being the first visitors. My goldfinches were installed at the feeders by eight-fifteen.

2 comments :

Irishlad said...

Tim,i'm going to recommend you for a MBE or possibly an OBE for services to the bird population...the feathered variety and the golden species whose natural habitat is the Dirty Duck.;)

Timothy Belmont said...

Make sure it's the Civil Division :-)