Friday 5 November 2010

What Strike?

I wish to express gratitude to the BBC for broadcasting their Radio Four Great Lives programme this morning, featuring the life of Sir Winston Churchill. Most interesting, since I missed it the first time. Matthew Paris interviewed Digby, Lord Jones of Birmingham and somebody else whose name escapes me, I'm afraid.

How refreshingly different. No matter about a journalists' strike. I didn't really miss them, for once!

So a brief word of appreciation to the Corporation for airing such an inspired programme about one of the nation's greatest heroes.

1 comment :

belfast cabby said...

I have to agree Tim, when I am at work I listen to Radio 5 as their "Up all night" Program is very good.
But last night they played Stewart Hall talking to some football legends followed by a program about the first black heavyweight champion of the world Jack Johnson. Great stuff