Tuesday 6 July 2010

Menu d'Aujourd'Hui

It is remarkable how well the big supermarkets cater for single people. I think I shall shop more often at Marks and Spencer's. I was at Tesco's today and bought a finest Classic Fish Pie for one. It included salmon, prawns and haddock. It was quite enjoyable, actually. I had it with broccoli, Perino tomatoes and cheese coleslaw (the preferred brand is presently the luxury one by Country Kitchen of County Armagh).

Almost forget to mention that I had a few glasses of red plonk to wash it down with.

I had a slice of toasted Hovis wholemeal bread with Dromona butter and home-made marmalade for breakfast; and I lunched on an apple, a Clementine, half a banana and a mug of Twinings tea.

I think the trick is to immediately freeze the loaf of bread, retaining three or four slices unfrozen in the kitchen, well sealed; otherwise it starts "going off" eventually. More grub for the magpies!

Not too expensive to maintain, am I!

3 comments :

belfast cabby said...

Home made marmalade!! would love the recipe, but how can anyself respecting Ulster man drink anything but Nambarry or Punjana tea?

Timothy Belmont said...

Ha ha ! I even cut corners with the marmalade. We've been using it for many years; we find it excellent, better than Frank Cooper's. In a word, Mamade. It's available in big cans in major supermarkets.

Gerry Snape said...

Ah happy memories, mum in Belfast always made her marmalade with Mamade. Takes me back!