Thursday 20 March 2014

BBC World

I have to admit that my gratitude towards the BBC's World service, specifically the television news, is indispensable.

This is one of the few English-speaking channels on my television; and one of the best.

Moreover, it seems to provide us with a genuinely global perspective of the world; quite un-parochial.

I've been following the terrible events surrounding Malaysian airlines flight 370 and the dreadful anguish being suffered by the relatives.

The Ukraine Crisis predominates, too.


I continue to obtain great delight from Alan Clark's Back Fire, the book I've brought with me.

Of course he had a fleet of vintage classic automobiles worth many hundreds of thousands of pounds; though his "Q-Car", a Volkswagon Beetle with a Porsche 356 engine shoehorned into it, was a brilliant feat.

This wolf in sheep's clothing was used for "the school run", apparently. 

Unbeknownst to most poseurs and boy racers, the little Beetle beat them all hands down.

1 comment :

brunosean said...

Belmont, old bean. Got a communication from a Verner antecedent....how should one proceed.
Sean