Thursday 6 March 2014

Gastropub Lasagne


I was in a rush today so I grabbed Marks & Spencer's Gastropub Rich Steak Lasagne from the freezer, threw some sliced tomatoes on top, and had it with lettuce, tomato, balsamic vinegar, and coleslaw.

My verdict? Not bad. The lasagne was far too runny, in consistency.

Despite "garlic puree" mentioned on the list of ingredients, I could not discern any garlic.

I believe that, could I be bothered (no!), I could make a far finer lasagne myself.

I added the tomatoes to the top of the lasagne, by the way.

Who, on earth, do they find to test these recipes? Commonest demoninator, perhaps?

Moreover, M&S still haven't done anything about stocking my size at their Belfast (Donegall Place) store.

I shall have to find my size elsewhere, which is regrettable.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Coleslaw with Lasagne is such a strange pairing, and specific to Northern Ireland it seems.

My wife is Italian and finds it weird when presented with this when eating out. Her relatives find it disgusting it seems.

Anonymous said...

Is the beef in chunks or is it minced?

Anonymous said...

Is the beef in chunks or is it minced?

Timothy Belmont said...

Anon, I'm afraid I cannot recall. It was likely several chunks. Tim.