I've just read an interesting review by a fellow-blogger, John Ferris, who is enthusiastic about a restaurant in Wellington Street, Belfast, called Made In Belfast. John and his companions enjoyed a meal of Lancashire Hot Pot with red, braised cabbage; County Down venison burger; and fish-finger sandwich.
I have had a look at their menu and it does seem worthy of further investigation, viz. a visit from his lordship some lunch-time.
When I was a young lad wearing the distinctive Brackenber House uniform of grey and scarlet socks, grey shorts, scarlet blazer and scarlet cap ( and I must have stuck out like the proverbial sore thumb), the Dowager used to take me to a little restaurant in Wellington Street called the Piccolo. The site now forms the back yard to a bank which and has unwittingly become infamous for the great Belfast bank robbery which took place there some years ago.
(640) Bisshopp of Parham, baronets and Barons Zouche
14 hours ago
3 comments :
I enjoyed a lunch there last year.
And I posted a comment about your visit too, Alan! I said I must visit it then; and I told John Ferris the same. Slap on the wrist! I still haven't got there. :-)
Ahh the Piccolo. It was upstairs right? I remember their cheese toasties as the height of sophistication, circa late 70s.
J
Post a Comment