The Dowager had a routine appointment at Belfast City Hospital this morning at 9.45, so we left home at five to nine cognizant of the rush hour.
Having arrived at the hospital at 9.25, a half hour journey, we were fortunate enough to find a parking space immediately. We walked into the lobby, where I requested a wheel-chair. It was ordered but, after ten minutes, we decided to walk instead! How easy is it to get a wheel-chair in this hospital? Perhaps they require a day's notice!
Everything went well after that, although the doctor was half an hour late and saw us at 10.15. No apology, of course. On the other hand, if we were a half hour late they'd politely tell us to get lost. Mustn't grumble, I suppose.
We motored on from the hospital and up Lisburn Road, turning at Balmoral Avenue where I stopped at the Public Record Office in order to collect a photocopy - £5.45 - of a large map. I've had a look at the copy, and it's vaguer than the original; some small details - like springs and wells - are unclear. It must be a case of "original is best", presumably.
I 'd intended to drive on to Fulton's for lunch, but it was too early so we just came home.
(640) Bisshopp of Parham, baronets and Barons Zouche
14 hours ago
No comments :
Post a Comment