Wednesday 27 February 2013

Fuerteventura: XIV

I dined at La Taberna last night, with one of my friends from County Westmeath. Juan, the proprietor, was absent due to an important engagement (The Real Madrid soccer match!).

Nevertheless, the staff recognised me and suggested a good table at the window. As I intimated on a previous post, customers are afforded considerable courtesy at this fine little place.

The cutlery gleams; table-cloths are spotless; cloth napkins are used; and, not least, service is friendly and respectful.

During our meal, the waitress approached me to apprise me of a personal message from Juan himself, sending his compliments.

As was customary, very fresh, warmed, bread rolls were offered with their sublime alioli.

We ordered a bottle of Spanish white wine.

Cognizant that steak is a speciality at La Taberna, I ordered the beef fillet in Roquefort sauce. My partner chose the Beef Stroganoff.

My steak was medium-rare and completely lean - not one morsel of fat. It was served with thinly-cut saute game chips and their signature ramekin of home-made coleslaw.

We were given some complimentary Ron Miel liqueur prior to our departure.

1 comment :

Rex Hunter said...

it was probably half-time when Juan thought of you and sending his compliments !