JAMES ANDREWS (1762-1841), of The Old House, Comber, County Down, married Frances Glenny, by whom he had a son,
JOHN ANDREWS JP (1792-1864), of Uraghmore, near Comber, High Sheriff of County Down, 1857, who wedded, in 1826, Sarah, daughter of Dr William Drennan, of Cabin Hill, County Down, and Sarah Swanwick, his wife, and had issue,
James, JP;The fourth son,
THOMAS, of whom hereafter;
Sarah; Sarah; Frances.
THE RT HON THOMAS ANDREWS DL (1843-1916), of Ardara House, Comber, County Down, was sworn of the Privy Council in Ireland on the occasion of the Royal Visit, 1903.
He married, in 1870, Eliza, daughter of James Alexander Pirrie, of Little Clandeboye, County Down, and sister of James, 1st Viscount Pirrie, had issue,
John Miller (Rt Hon Sir), CH;The third son,
JAMES, of whom hereafter;
Eliza Montgomery (Nina).
THE RT HON SIR JAMES ANDREWS (1877-1951), LORD CHIEF JUSTICE OF NORTHERN IRELAND, wedded, in 1922, Jane Lawson, daughter of Joseph Ormrod, of Bolton, Lancashire, though had no issue.
SIR JAMES and Lady Andrews lived at Eusemere, Killinchy Road, Comber, County Down.
Eusemere House was built ca 1909 by a Major Bruce, the largest shareholder in the Comber Distilleries.
The name of the architect is uncertain.
The house was sold to Sir James in 1937.
Ca 1930, Sir James divided the house into two properties.
From the 1950s onwards both properties went through a number of different owners, including Mr Clokey; Mr Mitchell; Mr Ashdown (father of the Lord Ashdown); and a Mr Miskimmin, in Number 20.
Sir James died without issue, and the baronetcy became extinct.
Comber Historical Society has published a biography of the Andrews family.
First published in May, 2010.