Tuesday 1 January 2013

Period Comedy

I'm eagerly anticipating the new period comedy series to be broadcast on BBC One shortly, Blandings, based on the books by Sir P G Wodehouse KBE.

As far as I know, the first episode begins on Sunday, 13th January, 6.30-7pm.

Many of my friends and readers will be aware that Wodehouse is possibly my favourite writer of his genre; and that I am particularly fond of Crom, too.

Set in 1929 in the fictional Blandings Castle, Timothy Spall OBE plays the amiable but befuddled 9th Earl of Emsworth (Clarence to his friends).


Jennifer Saunders stars as his indomitable sister, Lady Constance Keeble (Connie).

Blandings was filmed on location at Crom Castle, County Fermanagh, with the support of Northern Ireland Screen.

THE EARL OF ERNE KCVO; NOEL JOHNSTON; JENNIFER SAUNDERS; ARLENE FOSTER MLA; JOHN, VISCOUNT CRICHTON

Crom Castle is the seat and family home of the Earl and Countess of Erne.

No comments :