Monday 23 February 2009

Gordon Ramsay OBE

Love him or loathe him, one must admire Gordon Ramsay's invincible culinary prowess. I hereby admit that I am frequently glued to the telly when his programmes are broadcast. I gravely doubt if I could work with, or for, the great chef; I have, however, dined at one of his restaurants in London at the Savoy Hotel.

I cordially urge Mr Ramsay to consider opening a restaurant in one of the most progressive and vibrant cities in the United Kingdom: Belfast. I believe that he could thereby increase the standards here. I hasten to add that there are many restaurants in Belfast which are very good indeed. Nevertheless, Belfast is now a seat of regional government and one of the principal cities in the United Kingdom. Belfast deserves excellence.

2 comments :

Stephen Barnes said...

Indeed, with Mr Rankin's financial difficulties, Belfast could be left with no national celebrity chef. Perfect opportunity.

Timothy Belmont said...

Yes, I've heard gossip about Rankin. Is he down to his last few million? :-)