Saturday 18 September 2010

Coffee Morning

I was in Holywood, County Down, this morning with my aunt and Pat. We had coffee and scones in the Coffee Yard café. Their breakfasts and scones are certainly good. The very sight of those cooked breakfasts, some consisting of smoked salmon with bagels; others being scrambled egg with bacon rashers and fresh toast and any combination thereof, made me envious! I must treat myself to the full works some time, though I invariably have a calorie-ridden dinner on Saturday evenings.

Outside the library I noticed a large car - parked on the zig-zag pedestrian crossing - getting a ticket, quite rightly. It had been parked and there was nobody in it. Inside the library I perused the September copy of Which? Magazine.

3 comments :

Irishlad said...

Sue Farmer still running the Bay Tree, Tim?

Timothy Belmont said...

Yes, I believe so. I still like the BT, though the others seem to prefer the Coffee Yard, so that's where we go. I haven't been to the BT for months, in fact since my mother passed away.

Irishlad said...

Last time i was there was about 8yrs ago (my mum nursed Sue's sister)and i raved about the food then.