Thursday 30 September 2010

Corralejo: II

I have spent the day at the charming little coatal village of El Cotillo, or, rather, the beach which has Torino's Bar overlooking it. In fact Bill, Torino's father-in-law, waved at me as I passed by. It has been very windy here today. The waves have white crests.

I've been suffering from a few "flashbacks" of that ghastly night when my mother passed away in hospital. It's just a phenomenon which will gradually disappear in the fullness of time. That I know, my father having died in 2002. I'm in good form, though. That old, celebrated Timothy Belmont Tan is re-emerging again, just in time for the CCB Class of '78 Re-Union bash when I return to the United Kingdom.

I heard about the death of Tony Curtis on Sky News today. Sir M Caine gave a great and amusing anecdote about Curtis putting his hand inside Caine's jacket and throwing all his cigarettes into the fire!

No comments :