Saturday 15 March 2008

Home, Safe And Sound

Great Victoria Street Railway Station in Belfast was in a somewhat chaotic state at seven o'clock last night. I'd just taken the very good Airbus 300 service which, at nine pounds return, works very well indeed; and it took me to the Europa Bus Station at Glengall Street. I made a bee-line for the trains. There was a crowd standing at the entrance and several staff trying to explain what wasn't happening: no trains.

So I strode out with my luggage towards the buses at Donegall Square and one eventually turned up. My journey had begun, leaving my inn, the Old Nickel, at three. My journey ended at eight, arriving home. Trains, planes and buses.

The Old Nickel is a very handy little inn in central Amsterdam, about five minutes from central railway station. I'll not go into too many details (they're all in Tripadvisor.com); however it's cosy, quite friendly, great value and very convenient.

Two places I visited this time were the Tropical Museum, which was worthwhile; and the Amsterdam Dungeon which I don't think I'd revisit.

So it's now back to porridge for another few weeks till I'm off to the Canary Islands.

No comments :