Sunday 26 April 2009

By Appointment

I have added a new category, or label, to my blog: By Appointment To The Right Honourable The Earl Of Belmont.

The warrants may be approved or removed at any time.

I'll start the proverbial ball rolling by the first Entry: Wilkin Tomato Sauce, purveyors of tomato sauce to the Right Honourable the Earl of Belmont.

A week ago I decided to try Heinz tomato ketchup, highly rated by many. Frankly, I was disappointed. I am no connoisseur of ketchups; however, I do know what I like.

Wilkin ketchup has a richer taste; is thicker and less viscous than Heinz; and it has more substance to it as well. I shall retain the Heinz ketchup in the fridge for culinary purposes.

I am aware that there are many other ketchups on the market, so I welcome nominations.

1 comment :

WeeGee said...

Ketchup - tried "Fresh Meadow" Organic Tomato Ketchup from Lidl which had been recommended by a friend. Was pleasantly surprised by taste and now purchase it regularly.