Friday 17 April 2009

A New Razor


I've purchased a new razor with cartridges this morning, called Azor by King of Shaves. It cost £4.88, including three cartridges. I'm all for new products; it is the durability, sharpness and smoothness of the blades that really matters. I shan't begin to use it till my present Mach 3 cartridge has worn out.

I find the Gillette Mach 3 a good, affordable product. I have used their Fusion and it is probably the best of the lot. It's expensive, though. The trick is to buy them when they are on offer at some reputable retailer.

Even Ebay has cracked down on fake cartridge blades, which is welcome because fakes are useless, in my experience. I unwittingly bought some fake cartridges on Ebay a few years ago and the difference in quality became apparent almost immediately.

2 comments :

William Skyvington said...

The thing that annoys me most is when a manufacturer, keen on demonstrating that the latest version of their product is technologically superior to their earlier version, simply lowers the standards of quality in the production of the earlier version. This has been going on for years. Overnight, the steel used in the earlier version turns out to be softer and less stainless. Logically, the ideal reaction to this deliberately-planned unsustainability would consist of investing in a huge stock of cartridges as soon as a new product is announced... which, incidentally, would make the manufacturer happy. Or else revert to the old-fashioned so-called cut-throat model used by our grandfathers.

Timothy Belmont said...

My sentiments entirely!