Thursday 2 May 2013

Armless!

I cycled into town this morning on the trusty two-wheeler, the principal purpose being to endeavour to obtain an image of the 1st and last Baron Beresford's coat-of-arms.

Lord Charles William de la Poer Beresford, 2nd son of the 4th Marquess of Waterford, was a distinguished naval commander and major landowner in County Cavan.

Alas, my visit to Belfast's splendid central library in Royal Avenue was fruitless: Burke's and Debrett's peerages between 1916 and 1919, when Lord Beresford died, were missing (perhaps due to the 1st World War).

I shall use his father's arms instead.

I cycled over to the Linenhall Library.

I darkened the entrance of a rather lovely chocolatier at William Street South, near the Victoria Square shopping centre, Hotel Chocolat, where I was offered a sample of their fine cocoa creations.

On my way home, via Titanic Quarter, I passed the marina at Abercorn Basin, which has ten or twelve boats.

No comments :