Sunday 16 February 2020

The Motor Home

Those of you who have been following my narrative for the last twelve years shall be aware of my fondness for the fantastic world of Bertie Wooster and his valet Jeeves.

This morning I find myself in Wooster Mode.

How would s small de luxe motor home, fitted out with the Hypnos mattress, electricity generator for all mod cons, the plain Wilton carpeting, shower unit, wardrobe for the essential Belmont attire, and so on fit the bill?

By Jove the world would be my oyster.

Perhaps I exaggerate somewhat, though you get the gist of it.

We have had the intrepid Portillo in his trains, and could we potentially have Timothy Belmont in his motor home?

I speculate that the running costs would be in the region of £1,500 to £2,000, allowing for annual insurance, MOT test, servicing, road tax, fuel costs, site fees and so on.

The journey from Belfast or Larne to Cairryan would be another factor for continental trips.

No comments :