Monday 24 September 2012

Gran Canaria: II

Well, friends and readers, Timothy Belmont arose from the ethereal slumber at about seven forty-five this morning. All is peaceful with my world.

Having attended to the old ablutions, I had cafe condensado with wholemeal buttered toast and peach jam.

A right glutton for punishment, I donned the trusty Clark's Desert Boots and ventured out, to the local establishment which sells all kinds of groceries.

It is overcast here today, though hot ~ well into the eighties, I should think.

I'd omitted to bring lip balm or that stuff one applies in order to prevent cracked lips; so I had to buy some (€1.99).

I think I've discovered a little bijou restaurant in the vicinity, called Dali's. It is Franco-Belgian in ambiance and cuisine. I shall report back. I wonder if they have wi-fi...

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I don't think you'll find any prospective Lady Belmonts there.

But reviews of the food are very positive.