Monday, 17 September 2012

Small Explosion.

The tranquility of Belmont GHQ was severely disturbed this afternoon by an explosion emanating from the fireplace, where a fire had been lit.

I 'd thrown the contents of a waste-paper bin into the fire, oblivious of a spent Duracell AAA battery which had been discarded therein.

This act caused an explosion, which spread some contents of the fire onto the carpet.

Swift action, with a proprietary foam detergent, impeded any further damage. 

No comments :