Sunday 24 October 2010

Weekend Activities


Well I was at the Dirty Duck Ale House last night. They hadn't any Tanqueray; no matter, I drank Bombay instead. The scampi and chips was excellent, as usual. It was busy inside, owing to the colder weather, since those patrons who'd frequent the outside of the bar obviously remained indoors.

The last train from Holywood departs at ten forty-five. Ideally there'd be one an hour or so later, because the live music at the pub doesn't begin till after ten thirty!


Today I drove to Ballymacormick Point at Groomsport in County Down. The path (above) has been steadily improved, with gullies constructed to improve drainage.

His lordship donned the nose-bag once again for lunch at Donaghadee Garden Centre (sister to Bushmills). I thoroughly enjoy the nosh here. I devoured the daily special, stuffed steak with champ, roasted parsnip and shredded cabbage (£7.70).

Motoring homewards via Jollye's in order to procure a sack of black sunflower seeds for my wild birds, I have lit a fire for this evening.

No comments :