Wednesday 9 March 2011

El Cotillo: IV


I have a tendency to drink too heavily, at least from my own perspective, on holiday and at other times. I'm giving serious thought to "giving it up" for a month, in order to see how it fares!

I have a bottle of Tanqueray in my bedroom and I've already taken it out of the fridge with a view to secreting it somewhere (out of sight, out of mind and all that rot). Does abstinence for one month seem severe?

The trouble is, I have a tendency to buy a bottle of booze for the room; then indulge in a few stiff snifters prior to appearing in public; and, after dinner, aanother couple in a bar (a Tanqueray and Tonic over here can cost a hefty €7, even in modest bars).

I had a lime (cordial) and tonic the other day, which did prove to be an agreeable beverage.

My picture today is of El Cotillo's open square at the very edge of the village. The tiny chapel is just behind the photograph.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Well Lent's as good a time as any to consider this!

On another note last night's television included a history of Belle Isle on Lesser Spotted Ulster and Conolly McCausland from Drenagh cooking on The Hairy Bikers!

Anonymous said...

och Sweetie,
you're on holiday for goodness sake! you idea of drinking a lot is no where near! lol relax.... have exactly what you want (lol within reason heehee xx). but I know you really do not drink that much so chill n go with the flow!! me....

Anonymous said...

The very fact that you think you are drinking too heavily indicates you are totally in control. Salut!

Timothy Belmont said...

Well, perhaps I'll carry on and ease off occasionally, then; you have all convinced me!

Anonymous said...

good for you xxx do so!!!

Anonymous said...

I havent had a glass since Monday evening when I was playing bridge and made a silly mistake. My partner accused me of being on the booze since lunchtime! I had only had about a bottle of red.
Sammy M